Ending the week and finishing strong. These are 5 things I am thinking about going into the weekend. These are five tools, thoughts, ideas, books, websites or observations on life that I want to have in my life as I finish the race strong.
1. Quote, I'm pondering this week. - If I could relive my life, I would devote my entire ministry to reaching children for God. -D.L. Moody Coming From D.L. Moody this is an incredible quote. Moody was an incredible organizer, an incredible evangelist and here he says what he would do if he had to do it all over again. As I finish the week I'm also thinking about what it takes to finish the race. It's why I still volunteer in Royal Rangers. I can't relive my life so I want to finish it right.
2. "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." 1 Corinthians 9:24
3. In my Royal Rangers class this next couple of weeks I'm teaching lessons on leadership. A couple of things that stand out are using a child's name when addressing them. This is so important. Kids and adults love to hear their name. As a leader, we need to use the first name of the boys and girls we lead. Jesus tells us that a good shepherd knows his sheep (John 10:11). He calls us by name.
4. The boys and girls of our communities are calling on us to be the church. To be the church we need to connect with Christ and find His plan for our community to reach our communities kids. I really love the videos that are produced by the Max7 organization. If you are not familiar with Max7 they are a storehouse for children's ministry materials that are shared with the world of children's ministry leaders. Here is an excellent video. I often share this in sharing spreading the word for the need of kids ministry.
WHY THIS BLOG?
5. This is my last point of this week. It is my goal to keep writing each week at the end of the week 5 things that are spurring me one to keep running the race. What is that keeps my wanting to reach kids for Christ? I will share quotes, scripture, videos, thoughts, other blog posts. Maybe it will spur you on as well. I am doing this on my own for my own growth but I want to share it as well.
I hope to make it a weekly feature, it may not be that. But if I can I will. If you would like to subscribe to the posts you can use the subscription button above.